The mystique of New Orleans can be felt in the third oldest section of the city, which is known as Bywater for its juxtaposition along the riverfront. Our neighborhood serviced the wharves until the 1990s. The Bywater Cottages are on the river road facing the muddy Mississippi and were built between 1868 and 1892. This historically landmarked property showcases quintessential Louisiana architecture and includes all the modern comforts of home. We invite you to retreat to the shaded porch or gardens each night, where cicadas lull you into a New Orleans state of mind.
Queen size bed
games & puzzles
Queen size bed
TV, internet & security
Cookware & Bakeware
Rockers & Pew
Dining & Chat
Please note: The layout, furniture, and decor in the home may vary as shown as we continually improve the property!
Cookware & Bakeware
Washer & Dryer
Parking - Off Street
Gardens Living walls
You may request early check-in and/or late check-out after booking.
Our team will do our best to accommodate any requests based on availability.
- 1 vehicle is eligible for off-street parking on-premises. additional vehicles will be required to park on the street.
Wheelchair accessibility not available
Elevators are not available
- Instructions for connecting to the wireless internet network can be found inside the unit upon arrival
- Smart TV is available - requires an account (be sure to log out completely when using Netflix and similar accounts to keep your information safe)
- Some Smart Home features are available
- No smoking
- Pets are allowed pre-approval required
- No events, parties, or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please observe quiet hours between 11:00 pm-8: 00 am
- Please report any damages that occur prior to Check-out
- Grocery: Robert Fresh Market 2222 Saint Claude Ave. New Orleans, LA 70117 Phone number: (504) 943-8891 Home delivery is available for a trip fee.
- Medical Clinic: Ochsner Urgent Care - 201 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130, (504) 609-3833 - 5 star rating
Property Address: 3149 - 3153 Chartres Street, New Orleans, LA 70117
NOTE: GATED ENTRANCE
3149 CHARTRES ST., NEW ORLEANS
Note: For google maps, Uber and Lyft use this address
- Owner Operator: Michael Ferweda, (512) 203-0396, ChartresStreetCottage@Gmail.com
- Please contact Michael with any questions or concerns you may have during your stay.
- Check-in after 4:00 PM and before 9 PM.
- Before your trip, please reach out to Michael to coordinate your arrival time and receive any additional check-in instructions. Due to security check-in requires a concierge.
- Late check-in can be arranged for after 9 PM *a fee may be charged.
- At the Cottages, we will strive hard to make your trip exceptional and in the event that guests require an early or late check-in please contact Jim for pre-approval.
- Please inform Michael of any problems or concerns upon arrival, so we can work to address these immediately.
- Check out time is 10:00 AM.
- Late Check-Out is available *A fee may apply and luggage will be securely stowed until pickup. Please note you must make arrangements with the on-site manager/operator for any late check-out plans.
- Return the key to Michael or to the lockbox. Lost keys will be charged $25.00 per key to your account by Evolve.
- Prior to your departure, please tidy up the cottage by doing the following:
- Remove all perishable items to the exterior bins
- Wash and put away all used dishes
- Place all used towels in a pile
- Take all trash out to the bins
- Turn off all lights, electronics, and appliances
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Additional fees will be imposed if the cottage is found in an unsatisfactory condition, so please return it to the condition in which you found it
- In the event that guests require a late check-out please contact Jim for pre-approval. Time is required to prepare for upcoming guests and we want to respect your belongings and valuables.
Message our team at firstname.lastname@example.org